Saturday, September 26, 2009

How it all began...

Hebrews 10:23 says "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful".
This verse began it all for me. I was stuck in a rut that I didn't know how to end. And I prayed that what I found hope in would not be anything but our Lord Jesus Christ, but that my joy could come from fulfilling His wishes for me. To GO and make disciples of all nations. I hit the wall and started reaching for something. I searched online for a DTS in Chile, and I found one. I could spend 5 months surfing and playing sports while hanging out with God's wonderful people and learning more about Him daily. Nothing has given me so much excitement and peace of mind in a very long time. Everything just fell into place after that. I contacted the YWAM in Pichilemu, Chile, and without even having to formally apply, I was accepted to come. The day I was accepted was also my first day of work. It started terribly and ended wonderfully. That morning I had had a quiet time, and the Lord gave me a verse about the different ways people perceive days. Some people may see days as separate gifts, and others see every day as being no different than the one before and after it. I started that day thinking it was just going to be another day pulling weeds and watering bushes (excuse me, SHRUBS).
But the Lord gave me the desires of my heart that day. So many pieces of my passions come together in this trip. I get to serve Christ. I get to speak Spanish. I get to use sports as a means to reach out to God's people. I get to travel. Gosh, He is good. Hebrews 11:6 says "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him". In my struggling I had decided to follow the Lord and have faith that He would give me something this fall. I had felt that all summer while ignoring the need to be a responsible adult after graduating and working at Eagle Lake. I desired to earnestly seek Him, and He rewarded me even though I failed to have my Quiet Times. I thank Him dearly for giving me this opportunity to go to Chile once again because without this, I would face each day with hopelessness, without aim, even with the foundation of Him as my Savior, Redeemer, and Friend. He's so great.
It's Saturday night and I leave in 5 days. I am so excited! I bought my wet suit today, man those things are uncomfortable. but i look Gooooood. haha. I'm taking a rolly duffle bag and my backpacking back pack, and I just got lost in what shoes i should take...how LAME! So I decided to start this and I am once again consumed with the JOY that this whole trip has brought me. I know that often times the Lord gives you great peace before the storm. I don't doubt that He will challenge me in incredible ways physically, mentally, and spiritually, but as He has been teaching me through sermons and time with Him and in fellowship, no matter what happens or how your world may crumble, as long as your foundation is Him, you WILL be ok. So, as I step onto that plane, I know He is carrying me and will be with me. So, wish me luck! And pray for me. CHILE AWAITS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment